THE PLAZA THEATRE is seeking a reliable and skilled Part-Time Handyman. The Plaza Theatre, located in Wharton, Texas, is a nonprofit community theatre that produces a regular season of plays and musicals each year, as well as a variety of special events.
General Summary: The Part-Time Handyman is responsible for essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position you will be responsible for activities such as repairs and troubleshooting to ensure that our facilities are fully functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job and the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work. Hours will be flexible as needed and will average 5-10 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
● Perform minor fixes, such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, etc.
● Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed as allowed by local codes and ordinances.
● Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
● Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs and AC filters.
● Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems.
● Test the functionality of the facility’s safety systems.
● Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations and facility expansions.
● Report to Board President and Theatre Administrator regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress.
● Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position, preferably in a business setting.
● Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
● Experience working with tools, including hand and power tools.
● Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● General passion for creative problem-solving.
Job Type: Part-Time
Resume and cover letter can be submitted at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer to all individuals, the Plaza Theatre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.